About the Job
Qualifications & Job Description
Kraken Yachts is a young and dynamically developing company in the luxury blue water cruising sector. Our clients come from all around the world for the quality and attention to detail we offer. As we are expanding our facility in Bodrum, we are looking to expand our design team to take on new challenges.
As a Naval Architect, you will work directly with the Head of Design to conceptualise, design, calculate and check new and existing designs. You will focus on stability calculations and CE compliance, as well as initial equipment layout in terms of weight distribution and sailing specific designs like deck hardware layouts. For that last one you will need a strong sailing background.
Your work will be mostly office based but it will be expected that you support the production department where necessary and be involved in sea trials.
- Stability calculations for all yachts
- CE compliance for all existing and new models
- Supporting Structural Engineer
- Designing deck hardware layouts
- Optimising various designs in terms of sailing specific requirements
- General design work in all areas as necessary
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor degree with a title of Naval Architect Beng
- 2+ years of experience is beneficial
- Strong sailing background
- Shipyard experience is beneficial
- Familiar with Rhino 3D
- HullScant, Orca, Max Surf experience is beneficial